Directions: Getting to the Center
The Feldenkrais Center for Movement & Awareness is located at 98 Chenery Street San Francisco, CA94131. It is on the corner of Chenery and Randall streets, in the Glen Park and Noe Valley Neighborhood of San Francisco.
By public transportation:
• The J Church streetcar from downtown stops at the corner of 30th and Church. Walk one block along 30th Street to Chenery, take a right on Chenery. The Center is one block up the hill on the corner of Randall. From Balboa Park BART and MUNI Station, get off the J Church at Randall and San Jose Avenue and walk one block up the hill on the corner of Randall.
• The 24 Divisidero bus also stops at the corner of 30th and Church. Again, walk one block along 30th Street to Chenery a right on Chenery in Center is one block up the hill on the corner of Randall. The 24 bus is scheduled every 8 to 14 minutes.
• The 36 Teresita bus from Cesar Chavez and Valencia streets in the Mission, travels a short distance along Valencia, Mission and 30th Streets before it stops right in front of the Center the corner of Chenery and Randall Streets. It is on an every half-hour schedule. Coming the other way, the 36 comes from the Teresita neighborhood and passes the Forest Hill MUNI Station for the K, L, M and T streetcars. Again, get off at the corner of Chenery and Randall Streets.
• Take any Mission Street local bus (14, 49) and get off at Randall and Mission. Walk up Randall one and a half blocks to Chenery. Or take a 14 X Express or 14 R Rapid and get off at Mission and 30th and walk along Mission Street and then turn onto Randall, across San Jose Avenue to Chenery and Randall
• Take the BART to the Glen Park station and it is a 15 minute walk, over one long hill, to the Center. Exit the BART station, walk two blocks along Diamond Street through the Glen Park Shopping Center, turn right on Chenery and continue for many blocks until you get to the corner of Chenery and Randall. Or take the 36 Teresita bus along this route – however it only departs every 30 minutes (electronic signs show the next bus on the bus shelter at the BART station).
• Take the BART to the 24 Mission Station, then take a Mission Street local (14, 49) bus south. Get off at Randall and Mission. Walk up Randall one and a half blocks to Chenery. Or take a 14 X Express or 14 R Rapid and get off at Mission and 30th and walk along Mission Street and then turn onto Randall, across San Jose Avenue to Chenery and Randall.
From the Richmond or Sunset neighborhoods: Take Clipper Street over the hill to Church Street. Turn right. Go to 30th Street and turn left, go one short block to Chenery and turn right on to Chenery. Drive one block up Chenery to the corner of Randall
From 101 South: Take the Caesar Chavez Street (Army Street) West exit. Travel up Caesar Chavez Street to Guerrero Street. Turn left. Turn right on to 30 Street, cross over Dolores Street, turn left on to Chenery, drive one block up Chenery to the corner of Randall.
From 280 North: Take the San Jose Avenue exit. The first stop sign is Randall Street. Since you cannot turn left here, go one block further to the first stoplight, then veer left turning on to Dolores Street. Go to the next lights and take a left onto 30th. Go one block and turn left again on to Chenery Street. Drive one block up Chenery to the corner of Randall.
From Marin County: Go over the Golden Gate Bridge and take the 19th Avenue exit. Continue going until to Cabrillo Avenue. Turn right and then take your second left and next left on to Fulton Street. (You're making a horseshoe shape, since you cannot turn left off 19th Avenue on to Fulton.) Continue on Fulton until you reach Divisadero Street. Take a right on Divisadero. Continue on Divisaderso (it turns into Castro at Duboce). Continue on Castro until 18th (just past the Castro Theater). Take a left on Castro and continue to Dolores Street (at the corner of Dolores Park) and turn right onto Dolores. Continue on Dolores until you get to 30th Street. Turn right on 30th, go one block to Chenery, turn left onto Chenery and go one block up to Randall. Our office is on the corner of Randall and Chenery.